OFC 2022: Trumpf introduces datacom portfolio with longer wavelength VCSELs
01 Mar 2022
Plus other significant product, system and installation news from next week’s optical communications expo in San Diego.Trumpf Photonic Components
, a developer of VCSEL and photodiode solutions for data communication, will next week present its 850 nm product portfolio and a future roadmap for longer wavelengths at the Optical Fiber Conference
(OFC) in San Diego, USA (March 8th – 10th, Booth 2423).
Trumpf, which has a significant track record in VCSEL development, will showcase longer wavelength solutions, in expansion of its existing portfolio of 850 nm VCSELs. The company is introducing VCSELs with wavelengths above 940 nm. This is addressing the market requirements for broader temperature ranges, higher product robustness and service life.
The company has just completed its first investment tranche in the production site in Ulm, Germany, to a multi-million euro level, to upgrade its manufacturing platform and to support further business growth. It is building on more than 20 years of experience in the market with the strategy of not only designing standard modules, but also customized solutions for high-speed and high performance VCSELs and photodiodes.
Trumpf supplies VCSEL and photodiode solutions for consumer electronics, datacom, automotive, industrial sensing and heating markets. So far, more than two billion VCSEL chips and photodiodes have been shipped worldwide. The long-established technology was acquired by Trumpf in 2019.
Other OFC 2022 announcements
- Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute presents its all-optical LiFi System, comprising an Ethernet-coupled central unit, with the modem and the selection combiner, one step-index POF each for up to eight optical frontends, optical wireless link and USB-LiFi dongles for each user.
- NeoPhotonics announces sampling of Open ZR+ QSFP-DD Transceivers. Small form-factor pluggable modules for metro-regional applications to enhance performance in hyperscale data center and telecom networks
- HYC introduces optical fiber flex circuit. The circuit provides a solution of efficient routing, high-core number connection, and complete customization.
- VI Systems’ VCSEL reaches 200 Gbps PAM-4 over 100 meters. This achievement is the result of a single lane 200 Gbps high speed data transmission experiment over 100 meter of multimode fiber using PAM-4 modulation.
- OptoTest launches new line of handheld fiber optic test instruments. New products include the OP310 Optical Power Meter, OP350 Optical Light Source, OP360 Bidirectional Insertion and Return Loss Tester, and OP380 Insertion Loss Tester. The testers are specified for applications such as data centers, enterprise LAN, telecommunications, aerospace, defense, and industrial networks.
- Norway-UK submarine cable system achieves “record-breaking” 800Gb/s line rate with Ciena. The submarine link will facilitate a new era of connectivity between the countries, says Ciena.
- MRSI Systems’ products receive industry recognition. MRSI Systems (Mycronic Group), has been recognized for multiple awards since OFC 2021.
- Ethernet Alliance to demonstrate multivendor interoperability from 50GbE to 800GbE at OFC 2022. Ethernet Alliance’s live 400GbE fiber infrastructure to link member companies’ booths at OFC 2022.