Business Development Manager, Government Programs
|Intevac, Inc., Santa Clara, CA, United States|
We are a leader in the design, development and marketing of high-productivity process manufacturing equipment solutions to the hard drive industry. Our equipment deposits thin films on magnetic disks that are used in hard disk drives. We believe our magnetic media systems represent approximately 60% of the installed base worldwide. All magnetic media manufacturers, namely Seagate Technology, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, Fuji Electric, Western Digital and Showa Denko utilize our process equipment.
In our Photonics business, we are a leader in the development and manufacture of leading edge, high-sensitivity digital imaging products and vision systems as well as Raman instruments designed for materials identification. Markets addressed include military, industrial, medical and scientific.
Intevac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Intevac Website: www.intevac.com
Intevac Photonics, a world leader in designing and manufacturing innovative and high performance imaging and vision systems in the form of high sensitivity cameras and high resolution near eye displays, is seeking a top performing sales and marketing executive to develop and capture new program and product sales in Defense and adjacent markets.
- Develop robust, sustainable forecasts, and consistently achieve growth objectives.
- Position and expose the company to new program opportunities for existing product offerings.
- Increase the share of night vision and camera applications and markets.
- Manage day-to-day inside sales activities, bids and proposals and pricing strategies.
- Work with various Government agencies to identify and develop applications for Intevac’s defense technologies and products
- Assist Program Managers in managing customer relationships
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of competition in product/program areas and formulate strategies on how to compete and defeat
- Identify, develop and maintain a data base of key opportunities with strategic and tactical capture and business plans.
- Develop strong working relationships with top management levels at customers, government agencies and new prospects
- Oversee all of marketing including generation of collateral materials, trade show participation and web content.
- Familiarity with DoD budgeting process and selling to US defense agencies either as prime or major sub-contractor.
- International selling experience to NATO, NATO friendly allies and other friendly country’s Ministries of Defense, understands of ITAR and trade compliance restrictions.
- Position requires up to 50% travel
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Business Development of highly technical Night Vision and / or SWIR electro-optic systems / camera prototypes and funded product / technology development programs in the DoD. Primary customers are the U.S Government or their system integrators.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to develop and write highly technical narrative for proposals with some support from Engineering.
- BS/MS degree in physics, optics, or electrical engineering
- Hands-on experience demonstrating prototype technology systems to government customers.
- Must live in daily driving distance to Intevac facility in Santa Clara, CA.
- US citizenship required.
- Preference to experience with the US Army or in Naval Aviation, or service with the Army or in Naval Aviation
- Familiarity with DoD budgeting process and selling to US defense agencies both as a prime or major sub-contractor.
- International selling experience to NATO and other friendly country’s Ministries of Defense.
- Experience with ITAR controlled technology and trade compliance
- Experience in generation of marketing materials, trade show setup and organization, and web content development.