Access Laser is a leading provider of laser technology for industrial, scientific, and medical applications. We are a rapidly growing company, experiencing double-digit revenue growth in recent years. We provide leading edge gas-discharge-excited laser technologies to global industries in the medical, semiconductor, electronic, manufacturing, and scientific development R&D markets. We focus on creative designs that match our customers’ applications and solve difficult problems with innovative solutions. We strive to provide a challenging and supportive environment where team members are encouraged to go beyond ordinary thinking and challenge the normal with the truly ingenious. Our team is our greatest asset and supporting their career development is the greatest investment we can make in our future.
In October 2017 we became a member of the TRUMPF Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of lasers and laser systems. Although we have retained the agility and flexibility of a small company, both our business and our employees now have access to new opportunities for growth.
Why work for us:
At our core, we are an idea company, which is driving expansion and tremendous revenue growth. We are customer driven, and design application specific products which fit the individual needs of our customers. This requires highly motivated and dedicated teams. You will have the opportunity to be innovative in your work as we are constantly evolving our products and solving new problems with our customers. We owe our success to our people. We take great pride in investing in our team and strive to continually grow and improve our company and culture.
We love what we do. Our goal is to go above and beyond for each other and our customers. Our teams are creative, smart and talented which makes each project exciting. You will have plenty of guidance and support to help us continue moving our impactful technology to the next level.
TRUMPF, our parent company, shares the same core values, and supports both our team and our drive for continuous innovation in laser technology. We are proud to be part of one of the largest technology companies led by a woman.
Things we love here:
- Opportunity to work in a brand-new state of art facility.
- Stocked kitchen with complimentary snacks.
- Team outings that are family oriented.
- Free parking.
- Great benefits including fitness reimbursement, 401K with a match, and medical/dental/vision.
- Generous PTO Plan
- We support learning and provide educational assistance.
- Work/life balance in order to get the best out of our employees, we promote success in and out of workplace.
The Chief Technology Officer is a strategic innovation expert with experience in all facets of strategy, solution design, product development and business growth through innovation. They are a seasoned leader who has cultivated teams across multiple disciplines. This executive is responsible for nurturing our culture of innovation across the company and attracting innovators and entrepreneurs. Excellent interpersonal skills that drive unified strategies and products. Data driven decision maker; able to drive large, highly complex initiatives. Coach and mentor, empowering teams to learn and perform at their highest potential while embracing diversity in thinking. As a member of the executive team, participates in overall company strategy development and tactical implementation.
Drive New Growth Opportunities
- Identify, develop, and execute high-impact innovation strategy and roadmap aligned to strategic business goals and growth priorities.
- Manage a balanced portfolio of growth projects that span sustaining and disruptive initiatives focused on technology and customer-centric product innovation.
- Work closely with the business teams and product development to create viable business models and commercialization strategies for new innovations.
- Promote the company’s innovation agenda; influence and obtain support from leadership and the management team for successful execution of the agenda.
Build and Grow Innovation Capabilities
- Develop and maintain strong ties with teams; educate and train teams on new solutions and innovations; drive innovation, presentations, and innovation sessions.
- Act as the Innovation champion for Access Laser. Promote company-wide participation in creation of new solutions as a standard practice. Educate and provide necessary support for new innovators in the company and lead by example.
- Ensure timely, successful commercialization of innovation initiatives.
- Track and report on innovation metrics and business impact on a regular basis.
- Maintain and enhance the view of Access Laser as a recognized innovation leader among customers and industry groups to build brand and attract and retain talent.
- Identify external assets and companies that may accelerate innovation and market access through partnerships and acquisitions.
- Identify market opportunities that fit company’s strategic strength.
Expected Outcomes of Role
- A clear innovation strategy exists for the organization.
- Innovation strategy is understood and endorsed by key stakeholders including executive leadership, customers, and innovation team members.
- A well-balanced innovation portfolio and roadmap exists that drives investments & top line growth.
- Innovation portfolio and roadmap are aligned with the innovation strategy and support the business direction, goals, and priorities.
- Innovation portfolio can be clearly linked to commercial benefits and drives significant new revenue and profit.
- The company continues to deliver technology-based new products to market to meet difficult to satisfy emerging demands.
- Innovations differentiate the company in the marketplace, provide unique value to customers and help build long-term relationships with customers.
- The company is seen as innovative, visionary and a leader internally and by customers, industry groups and media.
- The company has a thriving innovation culture that nurtures and promotes ideas from across the organization.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in innovation, technology and/or solutions development in the laser industry, including some time as a senior leader in these areas.
- Deep understanding of significant aspects of technologies, business models, and regulations relevant for the molecular gas lasers, particularly in the disciplines of optics, gas discharge, mechanical engineering, and/or electronics.
- Demonstrated success in building a culture of innovation and driving dramatic growth through new revenue sources.
- Must be able of collaborating with executives, business development, technology development, and product development teams.
- Strong business knowledge, understanding of a variety of business practices, and familiarity with the business dynamics of our industry.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuasively sell ideas, using data driven arguments.
- Capable of taking calculated risks and managing expectations of both internal development teams and potential and existing customers.
- MS./Ph.D. or equivalent operational experience.