Molex is looking for a Director of Optical Engineering to support our Optical Engineering team located in Fremont, CA. In the Optical Solutions Group, we build fundamental building blocks for optical network that carries all lane line or cellphone data, voice and internet signals. A successful director will have the knowledge and experience on optics and physics and will know how to manipulate light signals with optical engines (MEMS, LC/LCoS, etc.).
The Director of Optical Engineering will lead optical engineering team in proposing new design concepts, conducting technology and process platform evaluation for next generation optical component, module and sub system.
- Lead feasibility study, design initiative and technical planning; including cost and risk analysis, timeline analysis and trade off study.
- Lead optical integration and packaging design, interacting with mechanical, electrical, firmware and other discipline development members in design team, and carrying out detail system analysis, modeling and simulation.
- Lead definition of high level testing framework - functionality, performance, reliability.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and oversee the offshore sites optical development activities.
- Acting or working with program manager on new product development, execution of full design cycle and flawless launching into production.
- Technical support to marketing team on customer interfacing, RFP/RFQ and product specification.
- MS/ME in Engineering Physics, Optical Engineering, EE or related engineering discipline
- 10+ years experience of technical leadership and proven track records of product development in telecommunications or related industry
- Strong knowledge and experience on Optical Physics, Optical engineering, Spectroscopy, Lasers, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience on complex free space optical system design, Opto mechanical design, Optical alignment/assembly and packaging/sealing and automation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, knowledge and experience on modeling and simulation with related tools
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to travel (estimated 25%)
- PhD in optical or engineering related disciplines
- Knowledge and experience with LC/LCoS, MEMS, PLC, Silicon photonics
- Experience on component vendor interaction, piece part specification and performance characterization
- Knowledge and experience on design for manufacturability /reliability (DFx), yield/cost analysis, Statistics and quality tools (SPC, FMEA, DOE, etc) and Telcordia qualification
- Knowledge and experience on optical transport or metro access products
- Proficient in both English and Mandarin
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to lead, coach, manage and mentor others
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
Visit us: www.molex.com
Our Blog: www.connector.com
Molex History: www.history.molex.com