Senior Automation Engineer
|VIAVI Solutions, Santa Rosa, CA, United States|
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
VIAVI and is seeking an experienced automation engineer to support equipment design and development projects supporting all thin film coating platforms and all post process steps in the manufacturing value-stream. The 24-7 production facility in Santa Rosa is a high-technology environment, where safety is paramount, and employees are engaged to support a world class organization. Manufacturing sites are located in Santa Rosa, Beijing and Suzhou China, and New York.
- Design, development, and commissioning of control system software for industrial processes in a 24-7 manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate structured, well documented, and robust PLC and HMI code meeting project objectives.
- Assist with equipment troubleshooting.
- Lead, motivate others, and/or contribute to a team-work environment.
- Identify improvement opportunities and implement.
- Siemens Step7 Programming
- Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500 Programming
- Wonderware InTouch Development
- Motor Drives Configuration and Startup
- Industrial Networking (Profibus, Ethernet, etc.)
- Read and understand electrical schematics and P&IDs
- Strong time management
- Ability to work effectively with Operations, Maintenance, and Contractors
- Ability to solve complex problems with effective solutions
- Learn quickly, committed to continuous self-improvement
- Draw electrical schematics using AutoCAD or Promis-E
- Wonderware Historian (InSQL) Administration
- Windows PC Administration
- Linux Administration
Education, Experience, and other Job Requirements:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of five years in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Occasional travel including internationally
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.