Responsible for designing opto-mechanical components, assembly and test fixtures for high power semiconductor laser arrays. Will be actively involved in fabrication, testing, and manufacturing support.
- Design of mechanical components assemblies and assembly fixtures for high power laser diode devices including generation of detailed documentation, mechanical drawings, and assembly drawings.
- 3D and 2D CAD design and detailing utilizing Solidworks with ANSI Y14.5M standards for geometric tolerancing.
- Assemble and debug prototype products and assembly fixturing to ensure manufacturability of designs.
- Responsible for engineering / manufacturing documentation, including bill of materials (BOMs), drawings, schematics change orders and revision control.
- Interfaces internally (engineering, manufacturing, documentation, sales) and externally (machine shops and other vendors) to define and document design requirements and specifications.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from four-year college/university and four years related experience or 8+ years of related experience in mechanical design of small to miniature precision mechanical components and assemblies, and drafting.
Expert user of Solidworks.
Must have good knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M.
Familiarity with technologies for manufacturing precise mechanical components made from various metals and ceramics in small to medium volume.
Exposure to clean room procedures and some knowledge of optics highly desired.