The Senior Algorithm Scientist will be responsible for the design and implementation of image processing algorithms for ophthalmic diagnostic devices and applications. This role will develop prototype algorithm/software to facilitate clinical research and evaluate clinical images/data to assess feasibility and optimize algorithm. The Senior Algorithm Scientist will also develop algorithm and support feasibility evaluation for prototype and commercial systems development. Additionally, this position will interface with various R&D engineers and scientists with a wide array of backgrounds as well as interacting with clinical and scientific collaborators from within and outside of the company.
• Plan, design, implement, and optimize algorithms for ophthalmic imaging systems according to customer requirements.
• Design advanced, reliable, and efficient algorithms for registration, segmentation, analysis, classification, and visualization of medical imaging data.
• Implement, integrate, optimize, and verify algorithm performance following company’s product development SOPs.
• Plan, design, and implement new features and functions in prototype software or in product software according to marketing and clinical research requirements. • Collaborate with other groups to resolve algorithm and software issues.
• Interact with outside scientific and clinical collaborators to manage ongoing algorithm development/feasibility evaluation activities
• Develop intellectual properties for new algorithms and new features.