A-Tech Corporation, d.b.a. Applied Technology Associates (ATA), is a privately-held, Hispanic-owned small business and headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico. ATA also has operations in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Huntsville, Alabama, Chantilly, Virginia, Greenbelt MD and White Sands Missile Range.
ATA is an advanced technology and products company that delivers space, airborne, and ground-based systems to government, aerospace, and commercial customers for imaging, high energy laser, inertial navigation, space systems, and laser communications applications with specialization in precision pointing, line-of-sight stabilization, and real-time software and controls products and systems. ATA has numerous engineering and program management positions open.
ATA develops embedded processing systems for commercial and DoD applications. Our primary focus involves the application of state-of-the art, FPGA and System-On-Chip (SOC) devices to high performance video processing, adaptive optics, laser communications, imaging sensors, and a wide range of real-time control systems for inertial measurement units, fast steering mirrors, and stabilized telescopes. ATA is looking for qualified candidates who are interested in working within a small, agile, innovative team and who share a strong desire to create a work environment that is highly collaborative, rewarding and fun.
Assembly Integration and Test (AI&T) Technician
A-Tech is currently searching for a qualified Al&T technician to join our quickly growing team. This position requires technical skills for optical and opto-mechanical work involving minimal supervision working on space and flight hardware assembly, integration and testing efforts. Hands-on experience and expertise inspecting parts, assembling hardware, working in clean rooms, organizing and running a laboratory, and knowledge of ESD is required. Requires experience with precision assemblies including electronics and cabling.
The technician duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Hands-on component and subassembly development, assembly, and test
- Reading and understanding drawings and call outs, and to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet metal shop
- Following assembly and test procedures, and record results and discrepancies (including numerical and graphical data)
- Working in clean room to assemble hardware
- Operating space and flight hardware qualification test equipment (e.g., TVAC, vibration)
- Incoming inspection and data collection on components
- Cleaning and vacuum bake out of components
- Use of a variety of test equipment
- Data verification, collection, and organization (component COC/COA/etc.)
- Ability and willingness to perform moderate physical tasks, such as lifting, carrying, bending, continuous standing
- Performing other various tasks, including, but not limited to: cleaning and maintaining laboratory equipment, ordering and picking-up supplies
- Assisting engineers and other technicians
- Performing all other duties as assigned
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
ATA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ATA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Please send all resumes, including cover letters, to Human Resources at Applied Technology Associates, 1300 Britt Street SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. You may also fax them to (505) 998-2397, or e-mail them to ATAJobs@atacorp.com. PLEASE REFER TO DOCKET ATA20190508.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree and five (5) years of experience as a technician, or high school and seven (7) years of experience as a technician
- Demonstrated experience assembling and testing space and/or flight hardware
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with ESD fundamentals is required
- Demonstrated experience with optical or opto-mechanical systems, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to accurately read drawings, assembly and test procedures, and other related documentation
- Experience interpreting drawings and requesting parts fabrication by machine shop
- Experience mixing and applying epoxies and adhesives
- Demonstrated experience with different test equipment including TVAC and vibration
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated capability as very detail oriented
- Some travel may be required
- Potential for supporting extended work weeks during some phases of assembly, integration and test, as necessary
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. DoD clearance
Preferred Education and Experience:
- J-STD-001 Certification with Space Addendum IPC-620 Certification
- Current U.S. DoD Security Clearance