Date Announced: 27 Nov 2018
Pictured, right, a curved color TFT-LCD module with newly developed technology (800mm curvature radius).
TOKYO, -- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation has announced that it has established mass-production technology for a new curved (concave) color TFT-LCD module that combines environmental ruggedness to withstand extreme temperatures and an attractive design, making it ideal for use in automobiles and leisure boats.
The module offers a curvature radius from 700mm to less than 1,000mm and optical performance equivalent to that of flat screens. Mitsubishi Electric is now accepting orders for the new module.
The new module will be exhibited at bauma CHINA 2018 in Shanghai, China, from November 27 to 30, 2018.
1) Mass-production technology for TFT-LCD module with curvature radius of 700mm to under 1,000mm
- Efficient, stable production realized through optimized mechanical design and TFT panel design with consideration for curvature tolerance
- New mass-production technology ensures fast, high quality production with one-stop solution covering everything from TFT panel production to bonding of curved cover glass
2) Curved display performance equivalent to that of flat display
- Optimized mechanical and TFT panel designs achieve white and black luminance uniformity equivalent to that of flat displays
- Excellent visibility, even in bright environments, thanks to super-wide viewing angles of 176 degrees, both horizontally and vertically, high brightness of 1,000 cd/m2 and high contrast ratio of 1,000:1
- High-resolution (167-190ppi) display capably handles rich information
- Vibrant color visibility achieved with enhanced color reproduction (NTSC ration Typ.84%)
- Unmatched operating temperature range from -40 to 85 degrees Celsius withstands extreme temperatures.
Web Site: www.mitsubishielectric.co.uk