Integrated photonics uses the power of light to create energy-efficient, faster, and more accurate microchips. The technology is set to play an essential role in finding and developing solutions for the world’s challenges, such as reducing energy consumption, improving healthcare, fighting food waste and our continuous hunger for information. As a foundry for integrated photonic circuits, SMART Photonics offers solutions for data and telecommunication, as well as for sensing – such as Lidar – and medical applications. And it doesn’t stop there.
SMART Photonics aims to be the leading foundry for integrated photonics, creating innovative products that improve people’s lives.
As addition to the SMART Photonics leadership team (LT), we are seeking a driven technology leader with proven track record for fostering innovation, managing technology transfers and development programs with customers.
A role in which you offer thorough expertise in Business Development, R&D and New Product Introduction (NPI) and are capable to link and align strategic business and customer needs to technology roadmaps and product development. Offering solid expertise in integrated photonic circuits, semiconductor devices, high-speed transceivers and its materials.
SMART Photonics is a leading provider of InP (Indium Phosphide) foundry services, specializing in the fabrication of next generation photonic chips (PIC’s). With a strong commitment to innovation and customer satisfaction, we are at the forefront of technological advancements in the field.
- Develop and own the Product strategy for our InP foundry,, including the product roadmap, internal alignment, identify market opportunities and setting clear objectives. This requires strong PIC industry insights and solid understanding of technical photonics principals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders. Understands and strengthens the triangle between R&D, Commerce and Operations.
- Foster robust connections with our customers. You nurture our customers feedback as this is akin to laying the foundation of our success. #customerobession is one of our company values for a good reason.
- Manage the entire product lifecycle from concept to end-of-life while ensuring alignment with SMART Photonics’ business goals and our customer needs.
- Conduct in depth market research and analysis to identify emerging trends, customer requirements and competitive insights.
- Represent the department in our Leadership Team (LT) and report to our CEO.
- Lead the successful launch of new products, collaborating with other departments to create a solid go-to-market strategy.
- Mentor and lead the product management team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration and taking ownership.
- Navigates flawless between technical expertise, customer requirements, resources strategic planning and the changing environment in our growing InP foundry.
SMART Photonics offer and Culture:
Our company is located in Eindhoven the Netherlands. We have a team of +/- 180 colleagues, from a diverse culture and world-wide background. We value our people and are offering support and guidance in personal growth, career development and work-life balance. The 9 core values of SMART Photonics are: Customer obsession, Bias for Action, Teamwork Spirit, Passion to Innovate, Trust in each Other, Work SMART, Eye for quality, Ownership, and continuous improvement.