Integrated photonics uses the power of light to create energy-efficient, faster, and more accurate microchips. The technology is set to play an essential role in finding and developing solutions for the world’s challenges, such as reducing energy consumption, improving healthcare, fighting food waste and our continuous hunger for information. As a foundry for integrated photonic circuits, SMART Photonics offers solutions for data and telecommunication, as well as for sensing – such as Lidar – and medical applications. And it doesn’t stop there.
SMART Photonics aims to be the leading foundry for integrated photonics, creating innovative products that improve people’s lives.
At SMART Photonics we are reshaping the world of Photonics. We are an Indium Phosphide foundry specialized in Photonic Integrated Circuits. Our technology allows to uniquely combine semiconductor lasers and amplifiers, detectors and high-speed modulators, to create state-of-the-art solutions for optical communications and diverse sensing applications. Ranging from communication, automotive Lidar to medical applications, helping to solve major societal challenges.
If you have a strong background in advanced photonic technologies and/or opto-electronics and want to grow your career in a company that has an impact in the industry and in society, this is the opportunity for you.
- Be the expert in design of Photonic Integrated Chips, based on our PDK support a wide range of complex technical challenges related to PIC Designs for LiDAR, telecom and datacom and sensing applications.
- Become a team member of our Technology Competence Centre, which act as technology consultant about PICs within the company and supports and gives direction to the R&D program.
- Truly understand market requirements and able to translate applications requirements into Specs for our current and future building blocks.
- Translate market requirements into a feasible Technology roadmap that allows to strengthen the capabilities of the foundry and stay ahead as leading foundry in this new industry.
- Support the development of Photonics Circuits with DfX (Design for Manufacturability, Test, Packageability, Reliability) in mind.
- Stay at the forefront of PIC technologies and trends, identifying and implementing innovative solutions to define our technology roadmap.
- Nurture a challenging learning environment by coaching and mentoring team members.
SMART Photonics Clean Room
A highly interesting and challenging position in a fast-growing company, with a strong and supportive team composed of highly skilled engineers, eager to work on new and exciting integration technologies.
Benefits & Culture at SMART Photonics:
Our company is in Eindhoven the Netherlands, we have a team of colleagues from a diverse culture and world-wide background. We value our people and are offering support and guidance in personal growth, career development and work-life balance.
As everyone is different, we offer a wide variety of possibilities:
- 20% remote / working from home possible.
- Investment in your career development by a tailor-made career plan (including courses, training, and personal coaching options)
- Up to 250 online courses you can follow.
- Chair massage, fruit of the office, company fitness discount and Lunch Walks.
- We are located at the High Tech Campus a bustling location offering a supermarket, all kind of restaurants, a gym, and network events such as tech hero’s, spouse networking and a pub quiz night.
- For people who need a work permit, visa and/or relocation, we are eligible to apply for the highly skilled migrant visa. We also have a relocation package in place.
- Our employees valued teamwork with an 8.8 /10, freedom in their job with an 8.8/10 and collaboration with other colleagues an 8.6/10.
The 9 core values of SMART Photonics are: Customer obsession, Bias for Action, Teamwork Spirit, Passion to Innovate, Trust in each Other, Work SMART, Eye for quality, Ownership, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a person who has / is:
- PhD degree in Integrated Photonics, (or equivalent by experience).
- Added with comprehensive industry experience of more than 10 years.
- Outstanding knowledge of PIC design for optical communications, LiDAR and/or sensing,
- Demonstrates a proven track record of experience with interactions from a foundry or its direct customers.
- Possess strong analytical abilities, diagnosing issues and proposing practical, effective, and innovative solutions.
- Strong communicator, self-confident, able to connect with people, win their trust and respect.
- Embrace opportunities for skill development, keeping yourself abreast of the latest developments and industry best practices.
- Available to travel occasionally to international conferences, project meetings and customers.