Headquartered in Ilminster Somerset, UK with primary operations in the USA and Europe, G&H is recognized for the breadth of their acousto-optic, electro-optic, crystal-optic, fibre optic, and precision optic products. G&H is recognised as the preferred source for OEMs in the life sciences, industrial, and aerospace and defence industries, with a history of quality and excellence that dates back seventy-five years.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our R&D team in our Fremont facility, specialising in Acousto-Optics (AO) for A&D, Industrial and Life Sciences.
Reporting to the VP Engineering, you will work in our world-leading photonics R&D development projects that focus on next-generation acousto-optic deflectors, modulators and tunable filters for a diverse range of applications including semiconductor laser manufacturing, sensing in Aerospace & Defenseand microscopy in medical imaging.You will have the opportunity to shape the future of our business by working with pioneering companies in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific in order to fuel the company’s growth and turn new ideas into innovative product lines.
As part of the AO engineering group, you will generate novel designs, test new concepts and perform technology transfer of ideas into products, contributing to the company’s profitable revenue growth. You will execute on product roadmaps, set technical milestones and create new joint R&D opportunities with current and new customers. You will work closely with other parts of G&H, including business development, sales and process engineering in order to align R&D activities, secure contracts and drive new products into manufacturing. You will work within a multidisciplinary team including electronic, optical and mechanical engineers to develop cutting-edge new products that will deliver profitable revenue growth.
- Design, develop and validate new and variant AO devices and modules
- Own delivery of technical milestones in internal or customer-focused new product development projects
- Support NPI of products, interfacing with process and manufacturing engineering
- Contribute in strengthening G&H Intellectual Property through patents or process trade secrets
- Manage products from design, to prototyping up to environmental qualification following internal or customer-driven NPD
- Drive synergies and vertical integration with other G&H locations
- Work with Business Development and Engineering teams to support tender activities and generate solutions for customers
- Deliver technical reviews and produce reports resulting from technical activities, executing technical projects on time and under budget.
- Travel expected to be <5% of the time.