Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The Content Strategist is responsible for developing, planning, and executing a sales content strategy that supports the execution of successful campaigns, events, training, and sales opportunities. The role must assess the potential of our various sales and marketing channels for each initiative and be able to produce and align content that aligns with the Thorlabs brand.
Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a content strategy that is aligned with the company's sales goals and objectives.
- Create content that is visually appealing and engaging.
- Track the effectiveness of sales content and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure content is aligned with the company's overall messaging.
- Collaborate with Internal and External Stakeholders to Develop Content for Global Sales and Learning Division
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in social media, digital content management and strategy, and other sales and sales enablement tools.
- Research and track competitor offering and capabilities.
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, this would require the ability to bend or stand as necessary. The employee may occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- 6+ years of proven success is a related role.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, marketing, digital production, communications, or related experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive Knowledge and understanding of the communication and Digital Content Creation and tools utilized, including but not limited to webinars, video content, job aids, internal communications, training guides, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Expertise at Creating Compelling Content Across Multiple Marketing Channels
- Proven Experience Writing and Editing Content as Well as Editing Existing Materials for Clarity and Relevance
- Highly proficient in the MS Office Suite of products: especially SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Highly proficient with video production and editing software.
- Knowledge of ON24 or related webinar platform.
- Experience in event planning/promotion.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of cross functional teams, and work well under time constraints.
- Ability to fluently write and speak English.
Travel to other locations or tradeshows <10%