Omega Optical Holdings is a leading precision optics platform whose brands design and manufacture precision optical filters, coatings, diffractive optics, and infrared components to enable mission-critical applications for global OEM customers in a wide range of industries, including life sciences, environmental monitoring, aerospace, defense, semiconductor, and more.
We are proud of the 233 years of combined operations across the OOH Platform!
We value Precision, Collaboration and Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Integrity, and Growth Opportunities for our employees.
This new position to the Omega Optical Holdings Platform will be responsible and accountable for leading the Life Sciences sales team across our Platform. The ideal candidate should be comfortable researching Life Science markets, developing business partnerships, providing the technical and sales expertise necessary to translate customer needs into orders, generating bookings, developing, and maintaining customer accounts, achieving individual sales goals, making onsite customer visits, suggesting marketing materials, attending trade shows, as well as building, coaching, and managing a sales team.
Initial duties are likely to include;
- Learning the full product offering of the various Divisions under Omega Optical Holdings, LLC
- Onsite visits to each manufacturing facility
- Developing and communicating to Senior Management a strategic sales plan to include Life Science customers, programs, key contacts and messages
- Customer visits with SVP, EVP, C-suite, etc.
- Support the capture of near-term sales opportunities
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Optics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or equivalent based upon demonstrated experience. Advanced degree a plus.
- Extensive experience in the Life Science space is strongly desired- with in-depth knowledge of the industry and especially its product development and manufacturing processes.
- Proven sales excellence capabilities and knowledge of best practices related to all aspects of sales management and direct sales (objective setting, lead generation, pipeline management, bid management, solution sales, contract negotiation…) Embracing digital tools when needed (CRM).
- Possesses relationships with technical (optical design and manufacturing) contacts with Life Science companies and immediate subcontractors
- Knowledge Life Science related analytic systems across the UV, Visible, and IR spectrum. Can describe system architecture, critical components for performance, and translate this into a map of potential components to sell for existing and future programs
- Driven and willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent organization and time management
- Outstanding communication, presentation and active-listening skills
- High Integrity, possessing the highest ethics and professionalism, delivering what is committed on time and in the form agreed upon.
- Self-motivated and is an energized results-oriented doer and leader
- Player/Coach mentality
- Able to lead not only through direct reporting structure but through influence and example
- Ability to assemble, coach, and manage team of direct reports
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a Key Member within the platform, this person will be responsible for direct sales across all of the OOH Platform in the Life Science Industry. Including: o Sales Management activities including forecasting and sales reporting o Growth of bookings and revenue within the Life Science Market o Management of both personnel and key accounts
- The Team Leader for Life Science will take part in the overall definition and the execution of the Life Science business strategy and the realization of our customer’s objectives and goals.
- Must be willing to travel to customers as well as other OOH divisions (50 to 70%)
- This position will report into the Senior Vice President of Sales.
- The position is both direct sales position and a team management position.
- The Team Leader will, over time, build a direct-reporting sales team focused on the Life Science vertical.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS diploma in a technical or business field of study.
Personnel management, reporting, business acumen, excellent written and verbal communication, project prioritization in a changing environment
- Use of reports, data systems, financial analysis, decision making that supports customer growth
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite of applications, CRM and basic navigation of ERP and Access DB reporting
- Business professional, on-site at divisional offices and remote work, customer and trade show travel as necessary to support CST activity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.