ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and problem-solving abilities in providing technical support to customers who purchase from the extensive product portfolio.
- Work with Head of Customer Success Team to lead the sales quote meetings and facilitate conversations when requests are an exception to current capabilities.
- Provide technical support via phone, web chat & e-mail to sales colleagues, customers and distributors worldwide.
- Technical writing including technical conference papers, sales and marketing collateral including application notes, white papers and magazine articles that describe the company’s product offerings and capabilities to a general technical audience.
- Work with sales organization to improve overall technical knowledge within the team.
- Support Marketing and Sales activities by attending Tradeshows and Customer visits. Up to 50% travel - domestic and foreign.
- Reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales
- Core technical resource within and for the sales organization
- Strong, trusting and supportive relationships with the Engineering team members are essential for effective organizational management and success.
- Strong relationship with Sales, Marketing and Operations teams.
EXCELLENCE IN THIS POSITION:
Excellence in this position includes the following:
- A high level of technical knowledge and the willingness to widely share it.
- Strong understanding of optical systems, optical materials, thin film optical design software (TFCalc and Optilayer) and optical monitoring/control techniques.
- Attend regular team meetings, project assessment meetings and collaborate across company boundaries. Seek and incorporate advice from the R&D and Production team members.
- Excellent planning, design and implementation skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and clarify complex technical situations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvements in the Company’s systems for increased efficiency and higher levels of customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly write and present information to team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Conversing with good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills (e.g., 8D).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
We will consider experienced candidates as well as recent graduates with degrees in optical engineering, physics, or similar. Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years or Master’s Degree with 1 years of experience in Optics or Photonics is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years or Master’s Degree with 2+ years of experience in Optics or Photonics is a plus. Thin Films, Photonics Engineer, or Applications Engineer experience is a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to listen effectively. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to senior management, peers and groups of employees.
Ability to plan, develop, and manage a project. Ability to understand complex statistical methods used in product design and quality management.
Ability to apply principles of logic and the scientific method to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulae, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.