Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The OEM Project Engineer is responsible for providing sales and technical support to the Thorlabs OEM sales team as well as providing support for Thorlabs Key and OEM customers. The OEM Project engineer will serve as a direct consultant to Thorlabs OEM customers and will work to qualify initial customer requests and see to the success of customers’ technical and project needs. The OEM Project Engineer will work with the appropriate internal teams to ensure rapid feedback to our customers.
The position’s location can be remote. From time to time, it may be required to undertake duties at Thorlabs’ headquarters and other locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Provide sales and technical support to Thorlabs OEM Sales Team as well as directly to OEM customers. Key function of managing OEM pricing and working with sales coordinators with quote requests.
- Build close relationships with Thorlabs OEM customers to develop a complete understanding of their project needs and identify then qualify new potential projects.
- Support sales staff for pricing submission to customers and maintain OEM pricing spreadsheet and guidelines with OEM Sales Manager.
- Leverage industry expertise and strong customer relationships to identify and qualify additional business opportunities as customer needs grow.
- Understand and safeguard the business case with respect to cost and schedule.
- Work with the sales coordinators and supply chain to ensure timely delivery of customer’s goods and ensure that customers are aware of product obsolescence and end of life issues.
- Travel to visit key customers and/or industry conferences/tradeshows to provide sales support or gather feedback for the organization.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.