The CTAO is now entering the construction phase of the project heralding increased levels of support, infrastructure development, telescope assembly integration and test with associated organizational growth. We are looking for a strong Project Manager to lead the team to success as part of the CTAO executive management.
Your key responsibilities:
- Organize, direct and control the activities necessary to build and commission the CTAO and to prepare operation of the CTA Observatory so that the project technical, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Lead the CTAO Project Office and delegate tasks and responsibilities to the Task and Element Managers as necessary.
- Develop and update the Project Plan, including budget and Cost Book, Risk Register, integrated schedule and technical goals, annually or as required.
- Manage the technical progress, cost and schedule of the project using formal management techniques working with Task Managers and In-Kind Contributors.
- Prepare progress reports for the CTAO Director and Council as required.
- Manage In-Kind Contribution and Hosting Agreements, that define the contractual obligations of contributors and hosting sites respectfully.
- Chair the CTAO Configuration Control and Risk Management Boards.
You'll be reporting to: CTAO Director General
Your duty station: Bologna, Italy. Travel to CTAO sites, locations of in-kind contributor teams in Europe and occasionally to Asia, the Americas and Australia is required.
What we offer: CTAO offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary and benefits package. The contract is a 5-year contract with the chance of renewal. Currently, Italy is offering attractive tax benefits for researches and workers moving their residence as part of the overall goal to make the country an international leader in science.
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com, indicating the position “Project Manager” and the names of two referees with contact details. For more information on the advertised position please contact the Director General, Stuart McMuldroch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTAO is an equal opportunity employer and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of age, race, political, philosophical or religious conviction, gender or sexual orientation and regardless of disabilities, marital status or family situation.
Deadline for application: 30th November 2023
For more information on CTAO please visit www.cta-observatory.org