Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Enterprise Applications Technician provides technical support and assistance to end users with any issues involving Microsoft Dynamics ERP systems and/or all supporting independent software ERP applications. The Enterprise Application Support Technician is responsible for responding to customers, determining the cause of application issues, and fixing technical problems.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Manage and resolve help desk tickets in a timely and efficient manner
- Respond to help desk inquiries through, email, MS Teams, phone, and walk-ins
- Providing solutions, support, and resolution advice on technical issues and end user inquiries
- Create manuals and knowledgebase articles for technical knowledge share and archiving
- Use feedback from customers to improve problem-solving techniques and customer service
- Document and capture technical issues and root cause analysis
- Attend training sessions and conferences to stay current with best practices and techniques
- Escalate critical issues and major events through the proper resources and teams.
- Test modifications and deliverables, write test scripts and facilitate user testing
- Support new module roll-out and ERP related project implementations
- Monitor systems statistics and facilitate performance enhancements
- Collaborate with IT, Web and Database teams to unify support structure and to create seamless end user interactions
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Several years’ experience as high level AX2012 or D365 end user or help desk support role
- Experience with technical AX/ D365 support and problems solving preferred
- ERP system implementation participation appreciated
- Experience from international workplace
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of MS Office, Azure or Enterprise products
- Advanced knowledge of one or more ERP modules
- Strong communication skill
- Customer service minded attitude, external and internal
- Systematic and analytical approach to tasks and problem solving
- Strong team skills and used to a high-speed working environment
- Some week-end work required
- Limited domestic travel possible
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages would be beneficial: German, French, Swedish, Mandarin, and Japanese