Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over Approximately 2,300 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
The Enterprise Applications Technical Systems Architect works within the design, integration, planning and management of Microsoft Dynamics ERP system and all supporting ISV ERP applications. The Enterprise Applications Technical Systems Architect is responsible for ensuring that the organization's Enterprise applications and software systems are architected using Industry best practices and latest advancements. The Technical Systems Architect duties include researching, reviewing and recommendation on any new corporate software applications or innovations required by the business, and to coordinate the integration and technical fit of those applications with other internal systems. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Applications Performance Management
- Assist and guide administration teams to architectural performance enhancements
- Oversee performance application improvement design and roll outs
- Design performance maintenance plans for administrator execution
- Train Administration team how to maintain and produce best performance system standards
- Application and Systems Maintenance
- Research and obtain best practices for maintenance and maintenance plans
- Design maintenance plans
- Project manage system maintenance and planned outage activities
- Integration design and Infrastructure
- Maintain UAT, TEST and Development environment Architecture
- Maintain Production Architecture
- Maintain and update via Life Cycle Services
- Active Partner with other departments in the requirement capture, deployment, and maintenance of integrations
- ISV Integration
- Work with vendors and IT to plan out and build supporting ISV infrastructure
- Execute and oversee vendor integration roll outs and updates
- Document application integration and specifications
- Outage and major event management
- Support, resolve and escalate critical outage issues and events
- Communicate critical outage and events to WW teams
- Document root cause analysis and outage details
- Provide root cause analysis, preventative actions, and resolution training
- Business continuity and security management
- Design, Architect and Develop application security roles and permissions to company standards and compliance best practices
- Partner with vendors to oversee and support disaster recovery events and subsequent recoveries.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Several years’ experience as high level AX2012 or D365F&O Administrator or applications architecture role
- Experience with Enterprise application support and problem solving preferred
- D365F&O implementation participation appreciated
- Experience from international workplace
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of MS Office products
- Advanced knowledge of one or more AX or D365 modules
- Strong communication skill
- Customer service minded attitude, external and internal
- Systematic and analytical approach to tasks and problem solving
- Strong team skills and used to a high-speed working environment
- Weekend and off hours work required
- Limited domestic travel possible
- Knowledge of one or more of the following languages would be beneficial: German, French, Swedish, Mandarin, and Japanese