|Avo Photonics, Horsham, PA, United States
Avo Photonics (www.avophotonics.com) is a dynamic contract engineering services company that designs, develops and manufactures custom opto-electronic products for a large customer base. Members of our staff have the opportunity to design, prototype, and produce next generation products for a diverse range of markets including environmental, medical, military, industrial, aerospace, and communications.
Are you an engineer or scientist with excellent technical, communication and business skills who likes a challenge and wants to work on cutting edge optical technology from concept through production for industry leading customers? If yes, please apply.
If you are a technically strong, organized, confident, experienced, energetic multi-tasker with business savvy and conceptual thinking skills, then you will find a rewarding and satisfying home with Avo Photonics. This position will report directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Manage multiple photonic-based programs.
- Provide system engineering direction to internal Team, and present technical, schedule, and cost data to customer.
- Ensure timeliness of deliverables for each development phase. Provide continuous and timely updates.
- Perform engineering analysis of product requirements and assist in deriving optical, mechanical, and electrical solutions.
- Ensure profitability of each assigned program throughout its life cycle from development through full scale production.
- Prepare cost models and development quotes for existing and new clients.
- Interact with customers as a sales contact, including soliciting new business and supporting fulfillment of existing contracts.
- M.S. (Ph.D. preferred) in Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics.
- Program/Project Management or System Engineering experience.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Understanding of optical component assembly / packaging processes.
- Critical Attributes: High attention to detail, personable, social harmonizer, integrated planner, able to resolve conflicts, motivated, willing to take initiative.
Apply: Avo Photonics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.