At Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) we are solving the world’s most complex engineering problems, pushing the boundaries of what is possible. With multi-disciplinary teams, we collaborate to deliver high-quality engineered solutions and products that help change the world.
As the GM of the Industrial Metrology, Robotics, and Vision Systems Sector (IMRVS) Sector, you will drive profitable growth of the sector by developing key talent, developing the strategic direction, and pursuing excellence in execution of engineering services and products. A successful candidate will exceed at strategy development & deployment, collaborating with sales in cultivating client relationships, and developing a highly collaborative team by joining best practices with Quartus’ culture.
The IMRVS Sector includes a wide variety of clients, engineering service offerings, and new products offerings with a strategy to continue to grow. Our current offerings for engineering services range from custom optical metrology systems for manufacturing quality assurance to robotic vision systems for agriculture. Our new product offerings of optical metrology instrumentation and calibrated cameras provide a complement to our core service offerings and provide a roadmap for future growth. In addition, we are building out our Electrical, Software, and Control capabilities from this sector with a key strategy to grow Advanced Controls across all the sectors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example by demonstrating our organizational Values in all you do (People First, Integrity, Curiosity, Bold).
- Set tone for culture of sector to align with our Values and drive employee engagement.
- Develop leadership talent to ensure continued growth of highly successful teams.
- Strengthen organization’s strategic planning efforts to assess potential markets and select target clients and requirements.
- Provide support and guidance to defining roles, career paths, compensation strategies, and performance expectations.
- Collaborate with peers as member of the Senior Leadership Team to deliver on Quartus overall goals and objectives.
- Provide both formal performance reviews for direct reports as well as regular 1:1 informal meetings with sector staff members.
- Communicate company and sector initiatives to all sector staff and incorporate feedback into planning activities with Senior Leadership Team.
- Developing and Deploying Sector Engineering Service Strategy
- Develop and deploy long term strategy plan for the sector that aligns with our overall company objectives.
- Build portfolio approach to target markets that contains various risk and growth potentials with sufficient variety to deliver Quartus’ strategy to expand.
- Lead sector P&L and KPI’s to drive success of sector performance.
- Establish, grow, and maintain client relationships while identifying and growing new clients in target markets.
- Identify appropriate investment to align us with our business needs and strategic objectives.
- Ensure the service operation has the necessary capabilities and resources to exceed client expectations.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to improve overall program management, quality, execution, and processes.
- Develop Annual Plan and ongoing forecasting in conjunction with Director of Finance
- Product Development Group
- Support the deployment of Quartus’ first product development team.
- Define the vision, strategy, and business plan for sector products and make recommendations to the business based on client requirements and market demand.
- Lead continuous improvements to Quartus product development process.
- Create accountability system for product programs to ensuring that robust development stage gates are in place to manage cost, risk and schedule.
- Develop marketing team and product line management leadership to continual market research to ensure that our products remain competitive and meet with the company's strategic and finical success.
- Ensure effective, proactive and open communications in order to achieve transparency and clarity of product goals, progress and issues across the business.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline. MBA or other Business Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of engineering management experience within optical metrology and vision systems or related fields required. Additional experience including robotics and advance control systems a benefit.
- Experience in strategy development, business analytics, organizational planning, project management.
- A proven track record in developing and implementing strategic goals, improving business processes, and delivering results.
- 2+ years of experience in General Management of a business unit or company
- Successful candidates will be highly collaborative, disciplined and focused, with strong listening skills and the proven ability to leverage relationships
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset that celebrates the success of leaders they have developed to grow themselves and other pieces of business
- Proven ability to effectively communicate information to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals or groups at all levels of the organization
- Some travel required
Compensation and Benefits:
General Manager pay range: $201,169.39 - 335,282.32*
*This pay range represents base pay. In addition, you may be eligible for additional benefits and compensation.
Referral eligibility: Tier 2
Quartus is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, employee stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with company match.