Mechanical Design Engineer
|Applied Precision Design, LLC, Redwood City, CA, United States
Applied Precision Design is a small design and prototyping company with an excellent reputation in Silicon Valley for solving unique and challenging mechanical engineering problems. Our clients are brilliant research scientists who need high-level engineering help in building challenging precision mechanical systems in various industries such as semiconductor, solar, imaging, optics, metrology, machine design, biotechnology, and general research. As a small company we offer a kind, fun, and flexible work environment while taking pride in producing high quality work.
Looking for a responsible mechanical engineer in the SF Bay Area to help us design and build new precision mechanical systems mostly used for research in various Silicon Valley companies. The candidate must have good mechanical engineering skills with experience in the design and prototyping process. Familiar with mechanical components, manufacturing processes, materials, and finishes. Fluent in generating designs in 3D CAD / Solidworks, creating design reviews and drawings. The candidate would take direction from other senior engineers and scientists to lead design projects from concept to manufacturing.
Know more about our expertise: Applied Precision Design
How to apply: Please apply directly at HR@aprecisiondesign.com
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a few years of design experience.
- Has designed and built mechanical systems: going through the development cycle from gathering requirements, to generating concept/detail designs, BOM, drawings and fabrication.
- Fluent in Solidworks and 3D CAD design. Familiar with CNC machining & manufacturing processes, materials, anodize/finishes. Familiar with fasteners, o-rings, bearings, stages, suppliers.
- Basic understanding of engineering principles (force diagrams, heat transfer, vibrations) and passionate about learning: advancing engineering skills and project management / execution.
- Experience with major engineering design reviews such as formal Concept and Detail Design Reviews.
- Desired Hands-On building experience. Good communication skills. Able to read/generate engineering sketches. Organized, detailed oriented, and committed to finishing projects.
- Desired industry experience in high precision machine design, opto-mechanical design, high vacuum systems, semiconductor, optics, and biomedical engineering.