Headquartered in Ilminster Somerset, UK with primary operations in the USA and Europe, G&H is recognized for the breadth of their acousto-optic, electro-optic, crystal-optic, fibre optic, and precision optic products. G&H is recognised as the preferred source for OEMs in the life sciences, industrial, and aerospace and defence industries, with a history of quality and excellence that dates back seventy-five years.
Senior Electronics / Firmware Engineer
G&H | ITL Ashford
Competitive Salary on offer DOE (Plus Excellent Company Benefits)
For over four decades, G&H | ITL has been an industry-leading outsource partner for true end-to-end design, development, and manufacturing of life-saving medical technology, diagnostic devices, and laboratory instruments. We are currently recruiting for additional Electronics / Firmware Engineers - The role of Senior Electronics / Firmware Engineer is to take responsibility for the electronics and firmware design of products from concept through to production taking account of requirements, timescales, cost, and regulatory constraints. In this position, the successful candidate will report directly to the R&D Director, Project Managers, and more senior engineers.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package, including:
- 25 Days Annual Leave, Plus Eight Bank Holidays
- 8% Non-Contributory Pension
- Simply Health Medical Cover
- Life Insurance
- Early Finish Fridays
- SAYE Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Experience, Knowledge and Requirements:
- Degree (2:1) or better.
- Digital, Analogue design experience.
- Embedded Programming Experience in ‘C’, VHDL and FPGA.
- C++, .net, C#, java, Python, or algorithm development an advantage.
- Ideally existing work placement experience within a Design House or R&D department.
- Familiarity with CAD for schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium preferred).
- Can do attitude, inquisitive, willing to take on tasks as deemed necessary for the project. Ability to client face, good presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to take on other systems elements within a project such as thermals, optics etc an advantage.
- Ideally 5+ years design experience. Exceptional candidates with lower experience will be considered if evidence of outstanding ability can be demonstrated.
- Hands on, self-motivated, willing to learn and help evolve the R&D department.