Senior Optical Design Engineer
Completive salary on offer plus benefits and bonuses
Do you love engineering, and have fibre lasers/amplifiers or non-linear optics experience?
Are you looking for a new challenge leading a multi-disciplinary team, solving complex technical challenges for the next generations of free space optical communication for both satellite and terrestrial applications?
Then our Senior Optical Design Engineering role here at G&H in the expanding fibre optics R&D department based in Torquay is for you.
We are looking for a key member of the senior team to lead a crucial area of the R&D team’s work progressing optical amplifier designs for free space optical communication, with amplifiers designed for challenging applications both satellite and terrestrial-based. This work includes the design of 100W C-band amplifiers and high-performance low noise amplifiers.
You will be leading development efforts, have the skills to navigate and design in an area with complex and interdependent technical challenges, and show sound technical judgement to balance project risks. If you are self-starting, able to progress projects and trouble-shoot problems with little supervision this is the role for you.
You should also have the following:
- In-depth knowledge of: optical fibre lasers or fibre amplifiers and ideally, non-linear fibre-optics
- BSc in and engineering discipline or physics, PhD is highly desirable
- Hands-on experience of the design and test of optical systems
- Additionally, you will write in a succinct and compelling way for both customers and funding applications and show strong leadership to grow the team
As well as a competitive salary and training, company benefits include;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension pays 6%
- Company bonus scheme
- Health Cash Plan and SAYE Scheme