At Bruker, we enable scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific instruments and high-value analytical and diagnostic solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, improved productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy and nanoanalysis, and in industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical phenomics and proteomics research and clinical microbiology.
Today, worldwide more than 7,500 employees are working on this permanent challenge at over 90 locations on all continents. Bruker continues to build upon its extensive range of products and solutions, its broad base of installed systems and a strong reputation among its customers. Being one of the world's leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker is strongly committed to further fully meet its customers’ needs as well as to continue to develop state-of-the-art technologies and innovative solutions for today's analytical questions.
Please come see us at SPIE Photonics West 2023 in Booth 461. We will have members of our Sales Applications team there from January 28 - February 2. We would love to speak with you if you are interested in this opportunity!
Bruker Nano has an opening for an Application Scientist based at our Billerica, MA office. As part of the North America sales applications team you will primarily lead sales applications activities for tribology, stylus and optical products, reporting directly to the sales application manager. The position is jointly responsible for enabling the growth of the tribology, stylus and optical business through organic growth and market share gain.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct instrument demonstrations in Billerica and at other Bruker offices and at customer sites to help close sales cases.
- Measure customer samples and produce quality reports to further sales case.
- Attend tradeshows, exhibitions, conferences and workshops to promote Bruker products and generate new leads.
- Help qualify opportunities with sales team by understanding customer applications and requirements and conveying best Bruker solution or product configuration.
- Travel with sales colleagues to customer sites to answer questions and give high level technical presentations on Bruker’s products and solutions.
- Help provide technical response to tenders and bids calling for Bruker related instrumentation.
- Jointly manage and maintain demolab instrumentation in Billerica.
- Maintain excellent relationships post purchase order and communicate effectively with Bruker’s service and support groups to ensure customers are productive and satisfied.
- Establish and manage relationships with cross functional departments within Bruker-Nano such as service, product management, applications development, and marcom to enable the sales applications team, the sales organization and Bruker as a whole to meet its high level goals and objectives.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A positive team player, self-motivated, and able to act autonomously
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving mentality
- Organized with solid time management & good multitasking skills
- Able to decide priorities in a rapidly changing commercial environment
- Able to work under pressure to meet business goals
- Passionate and dynamic, highly committed to deliverables
- Fluent in English
- Adept with common office software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc
- Knowledge and experience of the markets served by Bruker-Nano
- Current valid driver license and passport
- Interest, knowledge, and some background in tribology and stylus and optical instrumentation
- Excellent theoretical grasp of fundamentals and be able to explain the principles of how these instruments work clearly and concisely to non-experts in the field
- Familiarity with common friction, wear, load, hardness, lubrication etc
- Practical knowledge and modelling of data gathered from such instrumentation is beneficial
- BSc in Physics, Engineering, Material Science, or related disciplines
- Practical usage of tribometers, stylus profilers, optical microscopes for example
- Travel requirements up to 50% of work time - mainly domestic travel as well as potentially Canada and Mexico
- Must be able to push cart up to 50 lbs. occasionally to move instrumentation.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally to pack/ unpack instrumentation.
- Able to work in Government sites, cleanroom, production floor & laboratory environments.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.