VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
Sr Sales Manager – Americas
The Optical Security and Performance Products (OSP) business segment leverages its core technology strengths of optics, vacuum coatings, and materials science to deliver innovative and differentiated solutions that manipulate light or create color effects. With over seven decades of experience in optical coating technology, OSP aspires to be a customer focused, market driven enterprise serving attractive and sustainable market sectors including currency security, consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, and defense/aerospace with products and technologies valued by customers.
The Senior Regional Sales Manager - Americas is responsible for the development and growth of the OSP Americas sales team. This will be achieved by building a world-class sales regional sales team that is prepared to deliver growth.
In this key sales leadership role, the Senior Sales Manager will utilize his/her business acumen, team building skills, and technical background to lead the implementation of a successful sales strategy that grows revenue and profit in the region. Foresight and planning will ensure the team represents the voice of the customer in company reviews of business plans, strategy development, and quality initiatives. The Sr Sales Manager will utilize his/her leadership skills to collaborate cross functionally, including:
- Assist Marketing and Operations on priority calls
- Work with Operations and Quality on recovery plans and customer communications
- Work with Marketing on price & terms negotiations
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal, Operations, and Customer Service on Contracts and T&Cs
- Provide input to all Market Segment Teams, and play key role in Government Market Segment
This role will report to the VP of Sales, Viavi OSP Division.
- Lead the development and implementation of a sales and growth strategy that is aligned with and supportive of OSP’s customer-focused, market-driven strategy.
- Oversee the Americas sales organization and ensure that the business has a viable sales strategy and sales plan that focuses the team on penetrating targeted industries and customers. To achieve this plan, the Sr Manager, Americas Sales will manage their team day-to-day in a manner that reflects the importance of achieving sales and financial goals.
- Develop and personally engage in senior level customer relationships/selling.
- Leverage sales and business systems and processes to develop and grow a high performing sales organization that operates efficiently and positions the sales function as a competitive advantage that enables OSP to out-perform the market.
- Achieve revenue targets (through accurate forecasting of bookings and orders) while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses and working capital (inventory, demos and samples).
- Manage the Americas sales organization and maintain a hiring and training plan to ensure employees adhere to VIAVI polices and business controls to mitigate risk.
- Build organizational bench strength through coaching, succession planning, employee development and hiring excellence.
- Work closely with the product management/marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
- Effectively manage organizational change to meet business objectives.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
- Expect 30 to 40% travel, including trips to headquarters.
- Demonstrated leadership through influence and consensus – generates followership across broad constituencies.
- Leadership style and values that can drive change in a constructive and positive way that engages the entire team.
- Proven results in successfully delivering on ambitious (above market) Sales growth targets
- Successful experience selling high performance optical components to global and technically sophisticated consumer electronics, government, industrial and medical entities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead in a diverse and complex business environment.
- Strong communication skills in oral presentations for large and small groups, for conducting effective meetings, and in written communications.
- Minimum 5 years of sales development and management experience with a strong track record of success in delivering on growth expectations.
- BSEE, BSCS and/or engineering-related degree required with advanced technical degree and MBA desirable.
- High level of commitment to customer satisfaction. Ability to collaborate and team with internal operations, finance and management.
- Strong influencing / negotiation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of business and technology trends, and strong interpersonal/relationship management skills.
- Key account management skills
- Ability to lead and develop a remote sales team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as ability to perform basic financial analysis of deal economics.
- Skill in examining / re-engineering processes and procedures and developing / implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of PVD, materials science, chemistry, physics and selling experience in one or more OSP core market(s).
- Resilient under pressure and proactive in managing dynamic business situations.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.