At Coherent, Inc., we have harnessed the power of light to become the world's leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-powered precision electro-optical components and laser-based solutions for medical, scientific and commercial applications. And although that alone is impressive, what truly makes Coherent, Inc. unique is our work environment. It's a strong, stable work environment that values the individual and places a premium on teamwork. Couple that with tremendous growth potential and the only thing that'll will be growing faster than Coherent will be your career. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent, Inc. is home to the most talented professionals in the laser and optical industry. Come learn more about us. We're searching for others like ourselves to join the brightest team in the business.
Coherent is one of the world’s leading suppliers of laser and laser-based solutions to a broad range of commercial and scientific research customers - designing, manufacturing and marketing lasers, laser-based systems, and related accessories for a diverse group of customers and markets. Since 1966, Coherent has expanded through a combination of internal growth and the strategic acquisition of related companies.
With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent is home to the most talented professionals in the industry. Join the brightest and largest team in the business to help continually take Coherent laser solutions into future generations.
We are in need of a Facilities Technician to work 2nd shift from 2 pm to 10:30 pm. Responsibilities include:
- Perform facility and equipment maintenance duties including routine and preventative maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain air scrubber system
- Monitor and maintain wastewater treatment systems
- Test and replenish acids [eg., HF, Sulfuric, Nitric]
- Maintain documentation and logs of preventive maintenance activities
- Hazmat team membership is required.
- Weekend and evening Emergency Callout/local to plant is expected to troubleshoot facility problems on boilers, chillers, scrubbers, HVAC units, cryogenic tank farms, etc.
- Troubleshoot, repair and make modifications to HVAC System
- Adhere to all city, state, and federal regulatory statues
- Maintain maintenance records as required by City, State, and EPA regulations
- Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC Equipment
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds is required.
- Climbing ladders and lifts is required
- Work with gases, chemicals, wastewater, mechanical systems, and equipment associated with the manufacture of fiber optics and fiber laser subassemblies is required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Two years training from a technical institute or program, or prior Facilities Technician experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- HazMat experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Cleanroom experience is a plus.
- Willing to train individual with good work ethic and mechanical/chemical aptitude.
- Ability to clean up spills, handle waste water (opening and shutting valves according to work procedures), clean out filter presses, and assist with acid and chemical change-outs using pumps
- Ability to use hand and machine shop tools
- Ability to calibrate equipment.
- Energetic and motivated; good organizational skills; ability to multitask; ability to work independently; detail-oriented; able to focus on overall project goals; team-oriented.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.