At Coherent, Inc., we have harnessed the power of light to become the world's leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-powered precision electro-optical components and laser-based solutions for medical, scientific and commercial applications. And although that alone is impressive, what truly makes Coherent, Inc. unique is our work environment. It's a strong, stable work environment that values the individual and places a premium on teamwork. Couple that with tremendous growth potential and the only thing that'll will be growing faster than Coherent will be your career. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent, Inc. is home to the most talented professionals in the laser and optical industry. Come learn more about us. We're searching for others like ourselves to join the brightest team in the business.
A Manufacturing Engineering Technician Sr. Staff level position reporting into Coherent’s Advanced Optical Fiber and Assemblies group in Salem, NH. The successful candidate will be challenged in manufacturing and supporting highly competitive products, working with state of the art glass processing and fiber assembly technology.
Will be responsible for supporting the assembly of custom fiber optic products.
- Will assist with equipment set-up and troubleshooting of equipment and process problems.
- Will learn about fiber “glass working technologies” and the operation of fiber fusion splicers, cleavers and other processing equipment.
- Will be responsible for polishing development and improvement for fiber optic assemblies.
- Work with engineering team to implement new processes and equipment.
- Support Lean manufacturing activities including Kaizens, 5s activities and root cause problem solving.
Support preventive maintenance activities.
Work with and train assemblers in process improvements and new product introduction.
Education and Work Experience:
- 7 to 10 years industry experience assembling / manufacturing fiber optic devices or equivalent.
- Individual contributor with working knowledge of Fiber Optic processes including stripping, polishing, inspection and testing.
- Assembly of product from drawings, sketches, procedures, or verbal instruction.
- Lean manufacturing experience perferred.
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems with emphasis on ISO13485.
- Experience working with engineering teams and implementing new processes, equipment and procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.