The current project mix in the RAPID division provides a once-in-a-generation opportunity for an experienced mechatronics / servo engineer to play a central role in developing multiple mechatronic subsystems for a new-generation reticle inspection system.
The functions provided by these subsystems include beam stabilization, active vibration isolation, sub-nanometer-level metrology and nanometer-level position control.
Specific responsibilities will include:
1) Either performing or directing control / structural dynamic simulations
2) Evaluating the impact of measured disturbance sources on key optical and position control system elements
3) Specifying requirements for related system elements--structural stiffnesses, servo characteristics, etc.
4) Leading subsystem development from concept design through component selection, initial bench-level integration and final integration and test on the full inspection station
5) Characterize performance at the inspection station level, determine root cause of observed issues by a combination of test and analysis, and drive needed modifications / improvements
6) Follow the initial systems through Alpha test, delivery and Beta test at one or more customer sites.