Staff Research Optical Engineer
|Particle Measuring Systems, Boulder, CO, United States|
Established in 1972, Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
We’re growing, and that means we’re looking to hire high-quality, reliable employees domestically and globally. Everyone at PMS has the opportunity to contribute to challenging projects that diversify our technologies and make a real difference for our customers.
We have an immediate need for a Staff Research Optical Engineer who will be responsible for supporting a variety of Advanced Research projects. This position will focus on larger high growth technology initiatives, as part of a highly skilled Research team comprising a broad range of cross-functional engineering disciplines.
- BS in Optical Sciences, Physics, or other with emphasis in optical techniques, with a minimum of 7 years of experience in laser and imaging systems design. MS/PhD preferred with an emphasis on advanced research and technology development.
- Expertise in designing, prototyping and evaluating new optically-based design concepts, sub-systems and components for next-generation products.
- Proven track record of exceptional technology development in a hands-on research role.
- Domain expertise in optical/electro-optical systems design related to beam delivery, imaging, optical coatings, optical scattering, fluorescence, phase and polarization-based measurements in air and liquids.
- Experience designing optics, including tolerancing analyses on multi-component systems.
- Experience aligning and focusing complex optical systems that include aspheric components.
- Optical component specification design & fabrication with suppliers. Experience with fabrication and assembly methods to optimize Design for Manufacturing.
- Proficient with computational software (such as ZEMAX, CODE V, etc.) to design and optimize optical systems. Hands-on experience with creating and executing test protocols, analyzing test results and recommending prototype design iterations to optimize system optical performance.
- Understanding of the semiconductor fabrication process and chemical usage is desirable.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.