Customer Support Order Admin
|Coherent, East Granby, CT, United States|
At Coherent, Inc., we have harnessed the power of light to become the world's leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of high-powered precision electro-optical components and laser-based solutions for medical, scientific and commercial applications. And although that alone is impressive, what truly makes Coherent, Inc. unique is our work environment. It's a strong, stable work environment that values the individual and places a premium on teamwork. Couple that with tremendous growth potential and the only thing that'll will be growing faster than Coherent will be your career. With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent, Inc. is home to the most talented professionals in the laser and optical industry. Come learn more about us. We're searching for others like ourselves to join the brightest team in the business.
Reporting to the North America Service Order Administration Supervisor, you will be responsible for providing effective, timely and accurate processing of service requests, return material authorizations and orders. In this role you will interface with key accounts and have primary responsibility for a portfolio of commercial and scientific accounts. This position supports both domestic and international customers.
- Interacts with customers, company sales and/or service representatives to handle a variety of pre-sales or post-sales service functions.
- Receives customer requests and prepares documents/trouble tickets in the Oracle CRM system related to processing returns (RMAs), servicing and exchanges.
- Process service order bookings and RMAs for replacements and depot repair orders.
- Update databases with status of return material issues.
- Record and reports the status of equipment returns, repair replacements, sales orders and delivery schedules.
- Reconcile and audit orders to customer contracts / purchase orders.
- Ensure service orders and change orders are booked in accordance with Coherent’s global bookings, SOX and revenue policies.
- Enter and Book service orders in the global Oracle ERP System
- Work closely with Finance, Planning, Manufacturing Operations and Shipping to ensure terms and conditions are properly met.
- Interface with customers, sales and other departments to address and resolve issues related to service bookings and customer satisfaction.
- Provide timely order status and tracking information to internal and external customers
- Manage and resolve backlog issues including order hold release, product configuration issues, item number discrepancies and purchase order requirements
- Provide month end and quarter end support as needed to achieve corporate goals.
- Participate in projects and goals to support Department and Corporate goals.
Education and Work Experience:
- 2 or more years of experience in an Order Management environment with increasing levels of responsibility.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Oracle R12 and Salesforce CRM experience is a plus
- Solid communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Exceptional team player.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Exudes a professional presence and position.
- Understanding of ITAR a plus (US Only)
- Experience with international shipping methods, terms and exporting orders.
Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.