Manage the environmental, health and safety compliance for Lasertel.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
- Oversees the development, planning, and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies; develops procedures (chemical safety, illness and injury prevention, hazardous waste management, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Completes and files regulatory reports and permits
- Monitors the use and storage of hazardous materials
- Monitors and manages the generation, storage, shipment of hazardous waste
- Conducts training to educate employees on a variety of topics, while remaining up-to-date with any changes to laws and/or regulations that impact the organization
- Will coordinate with Human Resources for workers compensation administration
- Perform internal compliance self-audits to evaluate adherence to applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations
- Interface with local, state and federal agencies such as the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ)
- Participates in regulatory inspections and inquiries. Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where environmental, health and safety hazards exist
- Manage the Safety Data Sheets to ensure they are up-to-date and readily accessible to all employees
- Monitoring site to ensure ongoing conformance to environmental and safety standards