Designs, develops and implements test software solutions. Collaborates between engineering, product development, and production groups to understand requirements. Carefully plans and executes new software development and existing software maintenance or upgrades. Aides in the selection and acquisition of new test instruments and tools.
- Develop software tools for production and engineering use
- Generate test plans and procedures
- Maintain and improve existing test solutions through software and/or hardware upgrades
- Manage software projects from conception to deployment to meet product requirements
- Work with stakeholders to define test system requirements and preferences
- Creating and publishing project plan and timeline
- Assessing project risks and gaps
- Writing, testing and verifying software
- Develop systems and interfaces to report test results to engineering and production teams in a clear and precise manner.
- Demonstrate software performance and train users
- Support production and engineering teams with product testing and characterization
B.S. (M.S. preferred) in electrical engineering, physics or a related field and 3+ years direct experience in a similar role; or 10+ years of direct experience. Must be goal oriented and use experience and judgment, as well as a certain degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish goals. Must be able to perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. Must be skilled in programming in one or more of the following languages: LabVIEW, C, .NET, Visual Basic, Matlab or SQL. Extensive experience with LabView, Matlab and/or SQL is preferred. Must be fluent in English (i.e., able to comprehend and communicate verbal and written communications and instructions). Must be able to interpret and communicate specifications and have experience using a number of measurement tools and devices (e.g., optical power meters, voltmeters, oscilloscopes, optical spectrometers…). Work environment is a combination of office cubicle and 10,000 class clean room laboratory. Clean room requires bunny suit with face and head mask, gloves and safety glasses.