A-Tech Corporation, d.b.a. Applied Technology Associates (ATA), is a privately-held, Hispanic-owned small business and headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico. ATA also has operations in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Huntsville, Alabama, Chantilly, Virginia, Greenbelt MD and White Sands Missile Range.
ATA is an advanced technology and products company that delivers space, airborne, and ground-based systems to government, aerospace, and commercial customers for imaging, high energy laser, inertial navigation, space systems, and laser communications applications with specialization in precision pointing, line-of-sight stabilization, and real-time software and controls products and systems. ATA has numerous engineering and program management positions open.
ATA develops embedded processing systems for commercial and DoD applications. Our primary focus involves the application of state-of-the art, FPGA and System-On-Chip (SOC) devices to high performance video processing, adaptive optics, laser communications, imaging sensors, and a wide range of real-time control systems for inertial measurement units, fast steering mirrors, and stabilized telescopes. ATA is looking for qualified candidates who are interested in working within a small, agile, innovative team and who share a strong desire to create a work environment that is highly collaborative, rewarding and fun.
ATA is currently building a multi-disciplinary engineering team to support the development of electro-optical and optical-mechanical control technology with implementation into Laser Communications systems applications. ATA is looking for candidates who are interested in working within a small, agile, innovative team and who share a strong desire to create a work environment that is highly collaborative, well compensated, rewarding and fun. Highly qualified candidates can anticipate a more than competitive salary.
- Work with research engineers in the design, development, implementation and analysis of servo control systems for a variety of applications.
- Mathematical modeling of opto-mechanical and opto-electronic systems.
- Design and analysis of servo controllers using classical control system design approaches (frequency and s-domain).
- Lab Test Experience
- Performance prediction of systems where inputs are described by spectral density functions.
- Controller implementation using both analog and digital approaches.
- Experience at technical proposals, presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences,
- A Masters in engineering (mechanical, electrical, physics, or aerospace) or related discipline is required, with emphasis in the area of automatic feedback control systems is required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
ATA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ATA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Please send all resumes, including cover letters, to Human Resources at Applied Technology Associates, 1300 Britt Street SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. You may also fax them to (505) 998-2397, or e-mail them to ATAJobs@atacorp.com. PLEASE REFER TO DOCKET ATA20181121.