A-Tech Corporation, d.b.a. Applied Technology Associates (ATA), is a privately-held, Hispanic-owned small business and headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico. ATA also has operations in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Huntsville, Alabama, Chantilly, Virginia, Greenbelt MD and White Sands Missile Range.
ATA is an advanced technology and products company that delivers space, airborne, and ground-based systems to government, aerospace, and commercial customers for imaging, high energy laser, inertial navigation, space systems, and laser communications applications with specialization in precision pointing, line-of-sight stabilization, and real-time software and controls products and systems. ATA has numerous engineering and program management positions open.
ATA develops embedded processing systems for commercial and DoD applications. Our primary focus involves the application of state-of-the art, FPGA and System-On-Chip (SOC) devices to high performance video processing, adaptive optics, laser communications, imaging sensors, and a wide range of real-time control systems for inertial measurement units, fast steering mirrors, and stabilized telescopes. ATA is looking for qualified candidates who are interested in working within a small, agile, innovative team and who share a strong desire to create a work environment that is highly collaborative, rewarding and fun.
Senior Systems Engineer
ATA is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer for our Laser Communications Programs. The engineer will be a key member of an integrated team operating in a very dynamic environment.
ATA has experienced significant growth in this market and seeks to expand its leadership team for commercial and USG laser communications programs. Candidates must have strong knowledge of System Engineering Principles, solid technical credentials and experience, and demonstrated success leading and managing system engineering processes and teams. The successful candidate must possess strong technical management experience involving multiple engineering disciplines and have experience with space or flight hardware programs. The successful candidate must have demonstrated expertise developing requirements, error budgets, system specification, concept formulation, systems design and analysis, and risk analysis and management. The successful candidate needs an understanding of optical systems, communication systems, and pointing and tracking systems.
- Provide end-to-end systems engineering for free space optical communications programs
- Ensures the systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions consistent with technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Develop and derive requirements, define CONOPS, develop system performance budgets, define system specifications, and manage the planning and execution of study efforts
- Manage the defining of risks and developing risk mitigation plans
- Provide multi-functional expertise spanning multiple engineering disciplines
- Provide system concepts and architectures consistent with mission requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
ATA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ATA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Please send all resumes, including cover letters, to Human Resources at Applied Technology Associates, 1300 Britt Street SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. You may also fax them to (505) 998-2397, or e-mail them to ATAJobs@atacorp.com. PLEASE REFER TO DOCKET ATA20190509.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Physics or in relevant Engineering discipline with 10 years of experience
- Experience as a Systems Engineer or Technical Director
- Proven competence in the systems engineering process
- Prior experience leading the design, fabrication, and testing of hardware systems
- Experience specifying requirements for optical or communications systems
- Experience developing integration and test plans
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Must to be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense Security Clearance
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics
- Experience designing and developing laser communications, electro-optical, or pointing, tracking, and stabilization systems is highly desirable
- Current U.S. Department of Defense Security Clearance