A-Tech Corporation, d.b.a. Applied Technology Associates (ATA), is a privately-held, Hispanic-owned small business and headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico. ATA also has operations in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Huntsville, Alabama, Chantilly, Virginia, Greenbelt MD and White Sands Missile Range.
ATA is an advanced technology and products company that delivers space, airborne, and ground-based systems to government, aerospace, and commercial customers for imaging, high energy laser, inertial navigation, space systems, and laser communications applications with specialization in precision pointing, line-of-sight stabilization, and real-time software and controls products and systems. ATA has numerous engineering and program management positions open.
ATA develops embedded processing systems for commercial and DoD applications. Our primary focus involves the application of state-of-the art, FPGA and System-On-Chip (SOC) devices to high performance video processing, adaptive optics, laser communications, imaging sensors, and a wide range of real-time control systems for inertial measurement units, fast steering mirrors, and stabilized telescopes. ATA is looking for qualified candidates who are interested in working within a small, agile, innovative team and who share a strong desire to create a work environment that is highly collaborative, rewarding and fun.
The engineer will serve as a software engineer for the Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles Advanced Technology (SVAT) Contract. The engineer will be an integral member of a joint Government and contractor team that operates in a very dynamic environment. The engineer’s duties will span requirements definition and flow-down, net-centric architecture development, software design, and business development. Secondarily, the engineer may be required to assist on other tasks as needed.
The Software Engineer should possess both an engineering/scientific education and strong software development skills. Strong consideration will be given to computer scientists and computer engineers with strong technical backgrounds. ATA engineers, scientists, and researchers are primarily self-directed and self-starters who have the ability to develop new technologies and ideas in the areas of modeling and simulation, algorithm development, and systems engineering. ATA software engineers routinely work in collaborative teams consisting of people with diverse backgrounds to quickly develop solutions. ATA employs an Agile Scrum development process when possible.
The engineer will serve as a software and systems engineer focused on the architecture, development and deployment of virtualized computing environments and advanced development environments.
- Virtualized Computing Environments: Goal to architect and deploy stable, flexible, and configurable virtualized computing environments
- Cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
- Virtualization technologies such as Docker containers and Kubernetes container orchestration software
- Server configuration and automation software such as Ansible and Jenkins
- Advanced Development Environments: Goal to architect and deploy efficient, flexible and secure CI/CD software development, test, and deployment environments
- Remote server configuration and monitoring software (as mentioned above)
- Binary repositories such as Nexus and Artifactory
- Software security and scanning software such as Fortify
- CI/CD pipeline configuration and visualization software such as Concourse
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, though some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Primary Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Relocation Available: Yes
ATA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ATA conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Please send all resumes, including cover letters, to Human Resources at Applied Technology Associates, 1300 Britt Street SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. You may also fax them to (505) 998-2397, or e-mail them to ATAJobs@atacorp.com. PLEASE REFER TO DOCKET ATA20190501.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in relevant Engineering (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering preferred) from an accredited four-year university
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Demonstrable problem solving and debugging skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- Interest or experience in functional programming is a plus
- Computer Science Systems Engineer
- Experience with optical and radar mission operations experience with advanced Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence as applied to Space Situational Awareness domain
- Experience with both DoD and Commercial Space Surveillance Architectures; including Optical, Radar, Passive RF
- Familiar with AGILE software processing
- Experience managing software development teams
- U.S. citizen with a current U.S. DoD Top Secret-level security clearance