OSI Systems companies have a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. With more than 30 years of combined experience in the field of optoelectronics our OSI Optoelectronics (OSIO) division is a diversified manufacturer of standard and custom photodiodes and optical sensors for used in aerospace, defense, commercial and medical applications.
We are one of the largest global manufacturers of optoelectronic devices, delivering engineering design support and manufacturing capabilities that include products for use in the defense, aerospace, medical, and industrial markets, among others. We utilize our world-class manufacturing facilities in the U.S., India and Malaysia to continue to put forth excellent engineering solutions aligned with efficient manufacturing to meet high-volume production requirements.
OSI Optoelectronics is seeking a Jr. Applications Engineer to provide technical expertise of company products to the sales team and customers, both prior to the sale and through delivery. This position will assist the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions, as well as may provide consultation to prospective customers and/or product capability assessment and validation. This position ensures that the product application/solution is functioning according to specifications and provides follow-up technical support to company sales staff and customer by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Technical support for customers
- Support manufacturing during product launches and technical issues
- Create design proposals and cost models
- Support all website activities
- Attend trade shows / visit customers as needed
- Uphold the company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- No experience required. 1+ years of experience with technical knowledge/ experience with semiconductors preferred.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team environment and with other internal departments/ customers.
- Great organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and self- motivated.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.