A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Integrated Sensor Design and Analysis Department supports electro-optical payload development by performing systems engineering analysis in a concurrent engineering environment. Systems are evaluated from optical, thermal, and structural perspectives. Systems engineering activities also involve development and analysis of testing methods for sensor systems and large aperture optics. We support the optical design, analysis, and testing of sensor systems from short-turnaround prototypes to Class A satellites.
Manages and directs resources and overall operations of a technical staff or organization to ensure program continuity from concept design through development, deployment, and operation and to ensure adequacy of support to the customer organizations. Manages organization planning, staffing, coordination, and performance. Acts as key interface between contractor management, customer management, and senior corporate management. Advises government program management in all areas of technical responsibility.
The Integrated Sensor Design and Analysis Department supports visible and infrared payload development for civil, commercial, and national space systems. Our technical functions include: concept development of visible and infrared sensors, optical engineering and analysis, stray-light analysis, concurrent engineering of visible and infrared sensors, and high-fidelity modeling and simulation of the performance of sensors or constellations of sensors.
- Maintain department focus on sensor concept development, optical engineering and analysis, and high-fidelity modeling and simulation of sensor- and constellation-level performance
- Provide leadership for the department for strategic and budget planning, workforce planning, recruiting and staffing, succession planning, personnel development and customer relationships.
- Implement existing policies, practices, and operating processes and recommend improvements
- Develop and maintain an agile work force to ensure timely support to all customer programs developing or deploying remote sensing payloads
- Develop strategic direction to maintain and increase department's impact to all customers
- Develop and grow the department management team and staff by mentoring and coaching.
- Work across organizations to build broad-based technical teams
- Anticipate the customer's future needs, understand their hard problems and develop novel solutions.
- Position the department to serve as a corporate leader in remote sensing
- Current and active Top Secret/SCI government clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U. S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Degree in remote sensing, optics, physics, or astronomy.
- Subject-matter expertise in at least one of the technical areas encompassed by the department: sensor concept development, optical engineering and analysis of visible and infrared sensors, concurrent engineering of visible and infrared sensors, and/or high-fidelity modeling and simulation of the performance of sensors or constellations of sensors.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the area of remote sensing
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop junior technical staff
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support moderate travel.
- Direct experience supporting Government programs in one or more technical mission areas covered by the department, such as: high-resolution imaging, spectral sensing, overhead persistent infrared, and space situational awareness.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and contractor community.
- Demonstrated management skills across budget, staff development, organizational planning, and customer interfacing.
- Experience supporting the Missile Defense Agency, Air Force, and National Reconnaissance Office customers.