A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Integrated Sensor Design and Analysis Department supports electro-optical payload development by performing systems engineering analysis in a concurrent engineering environment. Systems are evaluated from optical, thermal, and structural perspectives. Systems engineering activities also involve development and analysis of testing methods for sensor systems and large aperture optics. We support the optical design, analysis, and testing of sensor systems from short-turnaround prototypes to Class A satellites.
Provides leadership, planning, and direction of Optical Communications Office (OCO) staff and operations. Assigns resources, determines staffing needs, and coordinates activities and operations among subordinate units. Communicates and coordinates activities to counterpart organizations, management, and customers. Manages laboratory facilities. Strong emphasis on building and growing the organization, hiring and mentoring.
- Establishes OCO’s objectives and goals. Conducts activities consistent with corporate policies/practices, goals, and objectives.
- Participates with higher management in determining OCO’s structure and staff and supports resource needs. Participates in budget planning and allocation of resources. Implements policies, practices, and operating processes. Reports OCO’s activities, progress and achievements through written and oral reports to management, subordinates, and customers.
- Identifies and assigns OCO staff functional responsibilities. Assigns and coordinates work activities within OCO; monitors workload, work progress and schedules, ensures completion of work assignments within cost and schedule guidelines.
- Seeks and identifies opportunities for additional, expanded and new business and assists higher management in the evaluation and pursuit of new opportunities.
- Cooperates and communicates frequently with customer to coordinate and report work progress, issues, and results. Conducts work performance within customer standards and regulations. Participates selectively in day-to-day technical task planning and issue resolution.
- Conducts staff performance reviews and recommends performance improvement, career development, salary and promotion actions; establishes staffing needs and recommends reassignments, training, transfers, and other staff deployments. Monitors and directs OCO’s security processes, compliance, and safety awareness.
- Directs technical staff performing engineering design, analysis or other research and development activities. Directs achievement of engineering assignments within project schedule and cost guidelines.
- Plans, organizes, and manages OCO research/development, conducting investigations, evaluations, experimentation, and related program support. Provides overall direction to OCO’s technical programs and ensures OCO’s capabilities are effectively applied to needs of customers programs.
- Manages laboratory facilities.
- Fosters innovation, manages OCO ATIP activities and prototyping/testbed development.
- Participates in the Optical Communication Corporate Strategic Initiative (CSI) and collaborates with PSL, VSD, ESD and Program Offices working optical communications.
- Leads staff in the development of enterprise level optical communication solutions in support of the CSI and program office needs.
- Ensures high quality OCO work products and strives for customer satisfaction.