Our design team includes engineers with decades of experience in the design of optical systems, encompassing both optical, opto-mechanical, and materials science disciplines. From simple lens design to full system modelling, we provide our customers with complete optical and opto-mechanical solutions. You can expect full optical design support whether it’s helping our customers to solve a problem with an existing system, or providing an entire system from a blank sheet of paper.
Archer OpTx’s optical and opto-mechanical engineers, combined with its unique manufacturing capability, allow us to supply you with complete opto-mechanical systems and sub-systems that are custom designed for your application and are drop in ready for your manufacturing process.
Areas of expertise include:
Our design team works as an integral part of your product development process, working together to develop specifications, explore different optical architectures, choosing the best solution for both performance and cost, and conducting design reviews with you at each step of the process.
We are not simply a design for hire organization; we continue to provide design support for our customers throughout prototyping, production, and over the full life of the product. We support all our designs!
- Imaging systems
- Laser applications
- Fiber systems
- Systems for optical metrology
- Bio-medical imaging systems
- Illumination systems
Given that our design team is integrated with our manufacturing group, we are uniquely positioned to optimize product cost and manufacturability. Our customers benefit from having a single point of contact for answering questions, solving problems, and improving performance.
Some examples of projects include:
- High power 3-D laser scanner
- This provides welding spots between 150 and 600 µm within a 400 mm x 400 mm x 300 mm volume, with diffraction limited performance throughput
- It can also use single mode lasers as input to create much smaller spots for cutting
- A fiber coupling lens for reduced sensitivity to misalignments
- This allowed our customer to reduce the cost and processing time of their machining centers, greatly increasing productivity
- A coupling lens that enables users to take photographs through endoscopes with cell phone cameras
- A specialized microscope objective for a biomedical application
- 15 mm long, 7 mm diameter, it has an f# of less than 1 (in water)