11 Feb 2009
News of appointments at Raydiance, Navitar, Photonic Products and more.
• Raydiance, a developer of ultrafast laser technology, has appointed William Beyer to its executive team as chief financial officer. Beyer has more than two decades of blue-chip professional experience and was previously CFO of Bitfone Corporation. He will lead Raydiance’s financial initiatives to ensure growth and fiscal stability.
• Patrick Buvé has been appointed regional sales manager for Europe, Middle East and Africa by Navitar. Buvé will be based in Belgium and will oversee Navitar staff in Germany and the United Kingdom. The company is a developer of precision optics and opto-mechanical assemblies for the machine vision and digital projection industries, and Buvé will focus on new business development and client retention throughout Europe.
• Robert Wick has joined Semrock as vice president of marketing, and will assume principal responsibility for marketing and sales of the company’s optical filters for the biotech and analytical instrumentation markets. Wick has more than 25 years of experience in management, marketing and sales of technology for optical microscopy and imaging in the life sciences.
• Photonic Products Group has appointed Rick Strandlund and Joseph Rutherford to its Board of Directors. Strandlund currently serves as chairman, president and CEO of NanoProducts Corporation, and has served the bulk of his career with companies involved in the fabrication and thin-film coating of sophisticated optics and the manufacture of lasers. Rutherford takes the position on the board previously occupied by Daniel Lehrfeld, who retired as CEO of Photonic Products Group at the end of 2008 after leading the company for nine years.
• Wilhelm Kaenders, co-founder and president of Toptica Photonics, has been elected to serve on the board of the Optical Society of America, following the regular OSA elections. In this role he will assist the OSA’s efforts to meet the needs of member scientists and technologists and to grow its international activities.
• Frank Averdung has taken up the position of CEO of SUSS MicroTec. Averdung was originally to take over his duties in June 2009, but the former managing director of Carl Zeiss has assumed the role four months earlier than planned.
• Cube Optics, a supplier of electo-optical engineered components and fibre optic solutions, has named Giorgio Anania as chairman of the board. Anania brings more than 25 years of high-technology industry experience to the company, and takes over from Duncan Lewis who left Cube Optics to become CEO of Vislink.