G-S Plastic Optics is part of the Germanow-Simon Corporation, which was founded in 1916 in Rochester, NY. Starting as a small machine shop, the company quickly grew to become a major supplier of replacement watch crystals made of plastic. During the 1930s G-S Corp purchased Tel-Tru Manufacturing Company and developed this division to become a leading supplier of bimetal thermometers.
G-S Plastic Optics was established in the late 1970s. Building upon its internal expertise in injection molding and plastics processing developed over many years, G-S soon became a leader in the new technology of molded optics. Today, G-S Plastic Optics is one of the world’s leading suppliers of custom manufactured precision polymer optics.
Our associate company is Tel Tru Manufacturing Company. Tel-Tru offers instrumentation products such as Bimetal Thermometers, Digital Thermometers, Temperature and Pressure Transmitters, Pressure Gauges and Accessory products, that are designed and manufactured for worldwide distribution to sanitary, industrial, OEM, HVAC, and food service markets.
Germanow-Simon Corporation is a campus of buildings in downtown Rochester, NY. All optics manufacturing takes place in the fully integrated 15,000 square foot manufacturing plant. G-S consists of approximately 40 employees, nine of whom make up the engineering team.